Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Priming

Had a can of Zinc Chromate laying around, so I decided to give the HS-409 a thin layer of the stuff on top of the WG6650, giving them a real chemical corrosion protection, since it is non alclad and will be almost like an external surface. The surface of the Zinc Chromate is semi gloss while the WG6650 is matt, which will make it very difficult to remove grease and oil.

I will order some P05 (Strontium Chromate epoxy) and Derinoxal. According to the conversation I had today with a representative from the factory (Monopol in France), that is what is used on airplanes - period. It will take some 4-6 weeks to arrive, so I will use what I have for now. Untill I get the real stuff I will use WG6650 on all parts and a thin coating of Zinc Chromate on some places. (If this actually is better than bare alclad and zinc chromate along contact lines, I don't know).

No comments: