Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The shop is getting ready




The kit should (finally) arrive this week, and the shop is getting ready. It's the previous living room/kitchen of an apartment in my house that i used to rent out. From now on it will se much better use as a manufactoring shop for an RV-4. The shop measures 3.5 by 7 meters and is heated.

The kitchen furniture is still there. I think hot/cold water, a sink and lots of drawer space will come in handy. I have added proper lighting, a compressor and a working table.

The working table is an old door i had lying around. I mounted it to the wall and added 3 feets, so it should be both flat and sturdy. The compressor is a belt driven Einhel AirTek 4000. It can deliver 300 standard liters per minute at 10 bar, and should more than enough for all the tools (except painting). I still need another table for table mounted tools, this will be added in the coming days.

No comments: