Monday, August 27, 2007

The kit is here

Today, the kit came. 5 crates full of aircraft parts. Everything looked OK with the first 3 crates, but then the driver told me that one crate had been damaged, probably on the boat. One of the side walls of the crate were missing. The roll bar was totally loose, and I suspected that alot of parts were lost and possibly damaged.

I did a complete inventory of that crate containing the fuselage this afternoon/evening. To my surprice nothing was missing, but two of the aliminum parts were bent. The gods are fully insured, but I guess it is much easier (and faster) to just bend them back to shape, than to argue with some insurance bureau. Well, I will see how I feel about it tomorrow... I also found out that I will need ALOT more shelf space to store everything, and I still have 4 more crates to unpack.

All in all the best Christmas ever, and it is only August.






1 comment:

dage said...

Har ikke fått til noen tur til Værnes enda, men det blir før snøen kommer. Var til Grong en tur i midten av august for og hente klubbflyet som stod værfast. Brukte 1 time fra Tynset med RV-4. I helga var jeg på Rygge air show. Fløy nedover med en kamerat i hans TB-10.
Jeg ringer deg før jeg drar fra Tynset. Dage