Monday, October 1, 2007

Fwd spar on the HS

My tech counsellor couldn't make it this evening, so I did some other stuff. I started on the front spar by drawing the cut lines on the spars and the HS-410. To finish the cuts I need a hand saw. I also need some more clamps and files, so tomorrow I have to go to Biltema - again.

I noticed that nowhere do the drawings or the manual specify that the HS-410 is to be made from the AS3-063X6X12 sheet, this has to be deduces from the available parts. When the house is literally packed with available parts, this should be specified properly. Another thing is that it is not specified if the rivets holding the aft spar and HS-409 together is to be riveted from fwd to aft or the other way around. This may not be important - or - it may be obvious - or - it may be obvious that it is not important... I don't know, so I have sent a mail to Van's.

No comments: