Sunday, October 19, 2008

Further adjustments and trimming of skin

Adjusted the jig/skeleton more precise. Added another fastener to hold the fwd rib. Trimmed the skin further. I think I have cut of 5 or 6 slices on the tip now to make the overhang not too large.

Started marking the rivet lines for drilling holes. This is actually a bit time consuming, and requires attention, since it is not possible to see where to drill when the skin is on. I have to rely on markings on the jig and the ruler.

The VS skin seems to be cut and bended much more precise than the HS ones. All that is needed of trimming here is to cut off material at the tip. And Vans told me they were not able to cut/bend the HS skin with more precision than they did? Somehow I find this a bit strange, but who am I to tell?

It is good to be building again. To see that all the pieces starts to form larger components of a plane that I am going to fly sometime in the future, is a strange feeling sometimes.



No comments: