Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Priming solved and HS-409

HS-409 flange strips are filed and ready for drilling. I will postpone most other work untill monday when my tech counselor takes a visit to show me how to operate the vareous tools for best results, and how to prime the parts.

The priming headache has finally been solved. After a long conversation with my tech counselor on the phone I have decided to follow his advice for all internal parts:
  • All parts will be alodined.
  • Zinc chromate will be sprayed on from cans.
  • MEK will be used to clean the parts.

This process is, according to my tech counselor, easy and a lot less messy than two component mixing and spraying. This is the method he uses when fixing damaged airplanes and restoring warbirds, and the corrosion protection is well documented through years of experience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hallo Bjørnar!
Vil følge byggingen din med stor interesse! Stå på.
mvh
Morten H

Bjørnar Svingen said...

Takk for det Morten.