Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tiger Meet

Instead of building (Saterday), two of my boys, my father and I went to Ørland Air Force Base for the "Open Day" at the Tiger Meet. Tiger Meet is an annual training event for NATO fighter pilots. At the Open Day they show off their planes and flying skills for the general public.

The show consisted of lots of F-16 flights, single and formation. Formation flying with F-16s and a Mi-24. Mi-24 maneuvering capabilities and a breathtaking display of the F-18.

Just as interesting was the static display consisting of 20 someting airplanes with "Tiger camoflage", several helicopters and an E3A.

I had to smile when my 7 year old son entered the E3A and said; "Look at all the rivets". The all tigered up F-5 is the last one registered in Norway, and the Tiger Meet was the last time F-5 was used.

















No comments: